Monday, April 28, 2008

A Picture Documentary of Me

I'm hesitant to post after baby...it's a hard act to follow, but I don't want to study anymore so I thought I would give a picture documentary of my first year in New York. My view from my room is nice and the park is/was amazing- they're tearing it apart but is promised to be finished by the time I graduate...we'll see about that.

The first few months were spent on the soccer field. You think I kid, but literally every moment I wasn't in class was either spent on the field or eating. Then I got pneumonia and they were just spent in bed...Luckily there are NO pictures from that time period...


I had a birthday in between all of that. I didn't do anything too special, but I DID find Mexican food in NYC which is quite a treat :-D. Halloween in NYC was a new experience. It is a HUGE deal. After almost getting mobbed, we just chilled in a dorm and ate more candy than I have ever eaten in my life (of course, eating...) So soccer season ended and I came home for break...and when I went back I took my first adventure to New Hampshire and snow. It is NOT white and fluffy. Okay, its white, but it is definately not soft and cut my ankes :-( BUT I had a great time with the Navigators and am sad to say that soccer has kept me from going for a while now. But I cleared my schedule for next semester so I will definately be there! We try to fit in as many New Yorky type things as we can into our schedule without going broke...so we mostly go to Central Park. It is quite possibly one of the most beautiful places I've ever been and is definately one of the top three places to be in NYC. We also go out to as many MLB games as we possibly can. (Baby will be a Yankees fan.) Sometimes we get bored and play on the macs instead of doing our homework...but we usually get pretty good grades somehow.
Go figure.
We've also taken a few trips to SNL, and of course went ice-skating OUTDOORS which was a little trippy...but I think all of these pictures should be a start to describing the amazing year at NYU. Okay, well its almost one here and i've wasted entirely too much time posting pictures...
Perhaps some more another time...
Kato

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yay for pictures! I'm so excited you posted these... Promise there are more to come! :)
- S

Ashleigh said...

I really enjoy your pics!! Makes me all that more motivated to make a trip next fall! Believe me.. it will happen!