Tuesday, April 15, 2008

In the spirit of loving well...

Whew! I've been so busy at work, and all the time busy coughing up a lung this past week that I haven't had a second to post yet (and we all know I don't like to come in last!)... :o)

As most of you know, this past week a former pastor of McKinney passed away unexpectedly... The memorial service was yesterday, and while I was serving soda and sweet tea to the family, a sweet older lady came up to me and chatted for a few minutes...

It was an incredible conversation, but I'll try not to get too detailed and just say that her perspective as an older Godly woman was incredible. And though we didn't really talk about this, I came away thinking about how we can know people our entire lives without really knowing them. I had a fifteen minute conversation with this lady and felt like I knew more about her and her heart than I did about some people I have known for months and see on a daily basis!

I realized it's important that we stay connected, so I - of course - think our blog is so great, and hope we'll all keep up with it over the next few months...!!!

And in the spirit of knowing more about each other...

I thought we could have a question of the week every so often! :)

I want answers from everyone and my question is...

If you were to win the lottery today what is the first thing you would buy?

... I would buy a cute boutique like Francesca's or some type of small shop like that.

Your turn!

~ Steph

4 comments:

The Gastons said...

It may come as a shock to all of you, but I would build my own music venue. Possibly even start a small animation company.
-Clint

The Gastons said...

It's hard to pick just ONE thing to buy. In the spirit of Dave Ramsey, I would get rid of my debts. In the spirit of fun, I think I would fund a trip for me (and whoever travels with me) to go on a trip around the world! How awesome to see just EVERYTHING! But I'd probably take care of the debts first...

The Gastons said...

that was Ash btw. I keep forgetting to write my name on it.

The Gastons said...

I'd buy a medical school- they make a lot of money AND help people.
-Katie