Monday, April 28, 2008

A New Chapter in the Gaston Story

As you might able to discern from the previous post, Larissa and I are going to be parents soon. We've known for two weeks now but have pain-stakingly kept it a secret. I ended up telling our pharmacist due to medical reasons and my barber due to the fact I had to tell someone! She was elated, though she didn't cut me a break on the price of cutting my mop. Telling all of you was like Christmas for Rissa and I. We loved the look of excitement on everyone's face and the joy that we know each of you share with us. We're excited to know that we won't ever be lacking a babysitter. We're counting on all of you to pitch in with diaper duty. David you're up first! Lizzy, you're off the hook. I've seen how you clean your room, so I'm worried you won't clean the whole thing.

Our child couldn't ask for a bigger blessing than to be a part of this Gaston gang. Although the baby will carry the last name of Simpson, I'm sure it'll quickly be brainwashed by Disney, dance, soccer and Mexican food (oh, and rollercoasters - thanks Dave!) to be safely in the realm of Gaston.

At this point, Rissa is 7 weeks along. The due date, the doctors tell us, is December 12th. Rissa and I are usually running late where ever we go, so I'm guessing it might be the 13th. We have lots of projects coming up to get our house ready, so we'll be calling upon all workers to help. Once again Lizzy, don't bother signing up for 'clean up' duty. And Matt, you have like 5 jobs as it is, so you're off the hook too. The rest of you folks will be assigned according to your labor skills. Gary, I would give you management, but I think Rissa already has filled that position. You can be assistant manager or assistant to the manager (something like that, I'll let you guys work it out). David, we'll need to paint the nursery, so bring the paintball guns.

We'll make sure to keep everyone apprised on the development of this story with belly pictures (both mine and hers), work progress, and of course any prayer requests that may arise. Start those prayers now though. Once again, we want to thank everyone for their amazing responses and enthusiasm.

If you can, I think it might be fun for the baby to eventually see the reaction that you had to news of its arrival, so try to reproduce that face and post it here at the bottom. I've started the pics already (note: shock, confusion and excitement all in one facial expression). Call me if you need any help with posting pics. Should be fun. Love you guys!

-Clint (typing for two)













6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ris gave me the URL and I thought I'd check it out. This is a great idea for families - I love it!

We're already covering this baby in prayer and are SO excited for the next 7 months!!! Congrats daddy :)

Also, what's with the bloated Chinese baby? I don't get it...

Love ya'll,

Kristin

The Gastons said...

Thanks Kristin. You and Mr. Day can hop on anytime you want. Friends of the family (and you guys are basically family) can join and comment anytime. Thanks so much for the prayer. The bloated Chinese baby is a rendering of what the baby might look. God has a good sense of humor, so I wanted to go ahead and grab this joke before He did. ha!
-Clint

dgg1994 said...

^ Clint, Dude, You should have a Chinese baby!

The Gastons said...

haha I think I can live with out diaper duty! =) but I promise to always be extremely clean around the baby! I take care of things I love!
Ah I'm just so excited for yall!!!!! Love you!!!!! And let me know if yall need anything!

<3 lizzy

Ashleigh said...

I thought Clint was making a comment about the way some Gastons look when they get up in the morning.... lol
-Ash

Unknown said...

God definitely does have a sense of humor but I have a pretty real feeling that this baby is going to be BEAUTIFUL inside and out. No bloated Chinese baby here!