Thursday, February 5, 2009

PROBABLY

I thought I'd throw a post onto this blog since it's the new hip thing to do...everyone fell prey to the threat of not getting to babysit Maylee- now Clint has us wrapped around his little finger- although we all know who's finger he's wrapped around...

Steph came to visit this weekend, and I was so exhausted after all of the super long fun days we had that I fell asleep at 8:30 the day she left and slept until 9 the next morning. We definitely touristed the town up until we dropped. Monday the entire city of London shut down because of three inches of snow (a laughable concept in New York). It was really pretty though- and pretty fun to watch stephanie attempt to walk in it...Okay that's a little mean, but you all know you might have at least smiled at it...

Classes are about to get into the thick of it- we have midterms in two weeks and essays and projects are abounding, but all the same London is turning out to be one of the best experiences I've ever had! I absolutely love the class sizes, and while it demands more work from me, I'm actually learning the material. Getting out of my soccer bubble in New York has really forced me to meet new people around here in London, and that has been really great too! I haven't met too many people from London, but I have met a lot of people from NYU that I would probably never have met had I not come here.

Collin facebook chatted me last night and he brought up something entirely novel to me (although I guess I should have seen it earlier...) It was like he said it and I was like Oh, wow. Yeah...that's definitely true. He said when he came to the UK it seemed very dark spritually- in addittion to being dark in the weather sense. As soon as he said it I kind of laughed (though I had to admit that it was entirely true..) But isn't it funny that God took me from being a stubborn kid in Texas where being a Christian is normal, and I didn't really want it, to London where it is about the weirdest thing these people can think of, and now I am more on fire about it than ever before? Who said God doesn't have a sense of humor.

I brought this up because I wanted people to pray for this city- and me in it. Literally the buses declare that there is no God. "There probably is no God, so stop worrying and enjoy your life." When I read it, I laughed, because it said probably. It was as if God would not allow them to declare that he didn't exist...I read an article abuot it and they said they put the probably in there so that they didn't sound dogmatic, I beg to differ.

This city is fun, people are nice, but Collin is right- it's dark...so, I guess it shouldn't be all that hard to be a light right? The candles always do shine brightest on christmas eve when Ken shuts the lights off.

I'm cooking tacos on Saturday when Raquel is coming in from Oxford- should bea fun weekend :-D

Hope everything is going well in Cowtown, and you're all adjusting the cold...Bundle miss Maylee up and give her a hug for me!

Katie

No comments: