Monday, February 23, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUCKAROO!!!!!!!

This day marks the 15th year of the day that Mr. David Gary Gaston was born into this world! The earth trembled a bit that day as a fiery red head with energy to burn took his place in history. We are so thankful to call him brother, son, friend, "David!" or, as some new folks might - "Duncle". Whatever you call him I know that this kid has left an indelible mark on our lives. So to honor that sentiment, let's give a few of the highlights of the past 15 years of freckled goodness. I'll toss a few out there and please, for blog's sake, please add some of your own personal gems. Oh and by the way, Happy Birthday David! We love you so much and are so proud of the young man your turning into. Now go puck those chin hairs and have a great day!
  • the time I tooted and blamed it on you (thanks for covering for me)
  • the time we came in the house and you were hanging from the banister holding on for dear life
  • doing the "dolphin dive" in the pool with ya
  • walking along the Trinity Trail and seeing an Ewok in the bushes
  • assassinating our own teammates on online gaming
  • the time you shaved your legs at Gerald and Brendas
Ok so I've got the ball rolling here......keep 'em comin'!

8 comments:

Ashleigh said...

We were just talking about some of these yesterday!
-The time when David was bungee jumping from a tree with a rope tied around his pants...
-going to Six flags and yelling fun stuff like "Crazy Tacos.."
- The time David called 911 through the computer
- babysitting the dogs.. yuck!
- sneezing off a Mickey Santa hat which never failed to make David laugh
- The Lion King tape we wore out because David loved it
That's all I got for now though I'm sure I can come up with more!

Kato said...

Ashleigh doesn't get to use the time that David got stuck in the tree and had to take off his pants to get out and come running in the house cuz she wasn't there...but, its okay good memory anyways.

How about David's first paintball match? That was pretty funny...
or the things he used to build in the backyard...(used to...still does)

or the weird dog/human picture he put as the desktop background...

or David's first soccer games :-)

Stephanie said...

What about the time David...

*decided to go Jack Bauer on us and broke the back door trying to get in instead of just calling to have someone meet him there to open it (by the way that door is STILL broken...).
*broke a bottle of AXE spray open in the living room...
*set the fire alarms off with his smoke machine.
*decided to 'butter' the insides of Grant's car doors.
*built a mini-skate park in the backyard...

It's never a dull moment when you are around! Happy Birthday David!!! I love you so much!

dgg1994 said...

I have no regrets. Thank you all for the happy birthday wishes!

Lizzy said...

hahaha and we must not forget the time in the old house his foot went through the kitchen door...lesson learned don't run in the house. Oh and the time he hit me with the railroad track! =) I'll come up with some more when I'm not at work...

Larissa said...

I get to use the tree story I was there to help him and fetch the swinging pants!

- Also, I was the one to talk to the cops after the 911 computer phone call.

- I remember tucking little davo in at night with his pooh and tigger.

-watching many disney sing alongs.

-the sneeze that went with the Lion King movie!

-two year old David saving me from a cricket that was starting to climb up my leg

-Saving young David from hurting himself with very sharp scissors and in the process cutting my hand instead, still have the scare today. But its was worth saving him : )

-Buzz lighter and Hercules dress-up pj's

I could go on and on but thats some of the highlights!

Love you sweet boy! Happy Birthday!

Lizzy said...

OOOH yeah I remember the pillow of pooh bear that was the same size as him!!!! so cute!

oh and the catapult you built in the back yard! that was pretty clever too!

I also remember that floaty swimming suit that was like purple with the huge ring that you used to wear. Stylin'! =)

I miss spending every day with you dave! I love you and Happy Birthday!!!

Gerald and Brenda said...

OK now that we are back in the comment business,this is a little late but...

...the same visit where he shaved his legs here at our place he was up in the loft and decided to have his GI Joe's become para-troopers. His mom and I are sitting below enjoying our visit when all of sudden down comes the para-troopers onto the table knocking over a full bottle of Dr. Pepper and all the left over food. What a mess! :O)