Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oh the craziness!!

So upon reading Clint's post, I had three thoughts: one, Clint is crazy!! Also, two, I can't lose babysitting privileges before I've gotten them!!! Three, why do I find out things so late? AKA Steph leaving for London and Katie's letter that didn't go to my e-mail (funny enough it said that I am out of the loop =p)
Clint said post about your sorority, so I will do that. Our sorority started the semester with a BANG. Our first day of school was also first day of rush (rush= meeting potential pledges while having fun events such as a scavenger hunt or worship night, and giving both sides a chance to get to know each other and see if it's something they'd want to be a part of). After rush, we had meetings to decide how many pledges we wished to take and if we should take a lot or a little. Typically, a spring class is small (mine was 5 girls) and this time around we have 11 pledges. I also got assigned the role of big sister to one of the pledges, whose name is Anne McHattie. She's really sweet and hopefully I can help her through this stressful time known as pledging.
Matt's car issue is another topic I want to bring up. He finally got the call that the mechanic in Waco will not be able to fix his car. They are towing the car up and the mechanic will mail a check for a refund on what Matt already paid. The mechanics in Fort Worth said it would be an estimated 8,000 dollars to repair it!! So Matt and his Dad determined they would either sell it for scraps or whatever they can do, and split the remaining car payments between the two of them. Matt will be buying hopefully this Thursday or Saturday. It's bad but it's good too because this could have been resolved a long time ago, but he will have less to pay off overall. There's always a silver linning, well at least if you look long enough for it.
Tomorrow is my birthday and next week is promising to be a bit stressful because I will start working in the school's preschool for one class and tutoring for another class. My monday's have increased from 9:30-5:30 for school to 8:00-5:30, and Wednesday will become 8 to 8:30pm with approximately 3 hour gap overall in the day... so please pray that the transition is easy and I don't get overwhelmed because this is all neccessary in order to graduate with my teaching degree...
Love, love, love you all and I especially enjoyed opening my e-mail and receiving a beautiful picture of Larissa and Maylee. Hopefully my babysitting privileges have now been reinstated.
~Ashleigh

No comments: