Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Clint's Bucket List

In truth, my Heavenly Father has already blessed me with so many opportunities I never thought I'd have. He's given me an amazing family, great friends, and above all a wonderful Savior! Way more than I deserve to experience. "If the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise", these are a few of the things I'd like to do before I leave this land....

  • go on a mission trip to a 3rd world country (because my Father said to)
  • street preach (and not just once....I want it to become a lifetime activity)
  • para sailing (looks like flying without wings)
  • have a book published (has always been a dream..haven't told many folks that)
  • finish a cancer run (that's right I said run not walk)
  • go to Hawaii with my sweetheart (can't wait to see the smile on her face!!!)
  • adopt a child (or two!)
  • jump off a cliff into the ocean (Cannonball!!!!Look out below!!!!!!)
  • own a music venue/restaurant (The Sound Kitchen morphs)
  • write a weekly column for newspaper/magazine (or daily....I'm not picky)
  • become mayor of Benbrook (leave town while you have the chance)
  • go deep sea fishing (don't worry, I'll throw 'em back!)
  • go whitewater rafting (the perfect sport for the directionally challenged)
  • have a real Italian meal with my sweetheart in Italy (mmmmm....meatballs...)
  • invent something (double stuffed Oreos, the light bulb, it doesn't really matter)
  • ride atop an elephant (I actually did this when I was really young but I'd love to do it again as an adult)

4 comments:

Kato said...

# 2 is life changing, If we get the change, i'll help you do it this summer.
#5- I want to do too, maybe this summer?
# I can't count that far, but I fear for benbrook...but develop the area around the lake...i'm talking Subway on the water like that plays in Houston.

M@ said...

I can see it now mayor Clint Simpson Street preaching atop his elephant outside the sound kitchen morphs

Clint said...

'Keepin' it Benbrook' slogan will be the first thing to go. I'm thinking possibly 'Benbrook : Better than Burleson!' I think it has a nice ring to it.

M@ said...

Benbrook come see our real life elephant