Tuesday, August 12, 2008

August Adventures

As promised- I'll post now that I have something to say.
I left Texas almost two weeks ago and every day has been filled with something new. The trip started out with one crazy day in the car filled with bickering and fast food, but the days to follow were spent in DC eating fine cheesecake at the Cheesecake factory and riding my bike all the way to Alexandria-earning a really wicked sunburn. Then the weekend finished out with the amazing and truly gifted group-coldplay. The concert was awesome. We headed to NY on Sunday, and as much as I wanted to show everyone the entire Island, some sore feet led to a minimal tour...We managed to see the rock, 59th street, time square, battery park, ground zero, and Washington square park. We ate some great food- even managing to pick up some hot dogs at central park on the way...and eating the best cupcakes in the world from Tonnie's.
After the crazy three day stay, I was dropped off in Long Island at my friend Lex's house.
The adventure continued.
We headed to the Hamptons on Friday to spend some time with my friend Laura. Grant ended up meeting us there so it was Lex, Laura, Ian- Laura's boyfriend and fellow resident in the Hamptons, and Grant. We cruised around in a convertible and spent some time on the beach. It really was a FANTASTIC weekend- and pending that the melting ice cap doesn't suck up the eastern part of the island- I promise to buy a house there and take you all there one day.
We returned on sunday and went to the apple store where I decided I realyl want an Iphone, and Lex bought the Itouch for her birthday.
Monday we went to Costco and bought a few things for the dorm and then Breck, Lex's little brother and I, went to the club and went swimming.
Today we went to the Outlets where I bought my very first Coach anything for 40 dollars and a nice Puma bag for school for 20. Nice bargains.
So the trip has been fun so far, and Thursday I finally get to move back to the city- not to my dorm yet- but i'll be there soon enough.
Hope everything is going well in funky town!
-Katie

2 comments:

Larissa said...

Yay for an update other then me and Clint! Im trying not to be too jelous you got to go to the Hamptons. Maybe one day right?!? Love you girl and we miss so much already! Keep the updates coming!
You know you enjoy it!

Gerald and Brenda said...

Sounds like you are have a wonderful time before school starts! We know you are a busy,busy girl, try to drop us a line now and then on our blog. We look forward to reading your updates on the Gaston Story blog.
Love you,
Uncle Gerald and Auntie Brenda